COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Once a user interacts or registers, with the site, the user is no longer anonymous to us and thus all the information provided by you shall be stored, possessed in order to provide you with the requested services and as may be required for compliance with statutory requirements. We retain user provided Information for as long as the Information is required for the purpose of providing services to you or where the same is required for any purpose for which the Information can be lawfully processed or retained as required under any statutory enactments or applicable laws.:
(a) At the time of user interaction, signing up or registration with the site, we collect user information basis one executed contract, on general terms and conditions of use of site, our interest in continuous improvement of our communications, products, services and customer relations which may include name, company name, email address, phone/mobile number, postal address and other business information, which may also include business statutory details and tax registration number and details as encapsulated in table below.
|Information collected from You||
|Automatic Collection of Information||
|Information from third parties and other sources||
(b)We may also record conversations and archive correspondence between users and the representatives of the site (including the additional information, if any) in relation to the services for quality control or training purposes.
What Information You Can Access?
Some examples of information you can access through site include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions, if any);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment method information, promotional certificate, and gift card balances, if any);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists);
- your devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
- If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account.
User may update, correct, or confirm provided information by logging on to their accounts on the site or by sending a request to Eshopfirstname.lastname@example.org . The requested changes may take reasonable time due to verification process and server cache policies. In case you would like to receive a copy of our information held by us for porting to another service, please contact us with your request at the email address above.
Users may also choose to delete or deactivate their accounts on the site. We will evaluate such requests on a case-to-case basis and take the requisite action as per applicable law. In this regard, please note that information sought to be deleted may remain with us in archival records for the purpose of compliance of statutory enactments, or for any other lawful purpose. Therefore, users are requested to carefully evaluate what types of information they would like to provide to us at the time of registration.
PURPOSE AND USAGE OF INFORMATION
The following are the purposes of collecting the Information:
- For the verification of your identity, eligibility, registration and to provide customized services.
- For facilitating the services offered/available on the site, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about fulfilment of orders, products and services.
- For advertising, marketing, displaying & publication.
- For enabling communication with the users of the site, so that the users may fetch maximum business opportunities.
- For generating business enquires and trade leads.
- For sending communications, notifications, newsletters and customized mailers etc.
- For functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Legrand Services.
- In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Legrand, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Please get in touch with us at the above email address in case you would like to object to any purpose of data processing. However, please note that if you object or withdraw consent to process data as above, we may discontinue providing you with services through our site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Information we may collect from you may be disclosed and transferred to external service providers who we rely on to provide services to us or to you directly. For instance, information may be shared with
- Affiliated companies for better efficiency, more relevancy, innovative business matchmaking and better personalised services.
- Government or regulatory or law enforcement agencies, as mandated under statutory enactment, for verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences.
- Service provider including but not limited to payment, customer and cloud computing service provider (“Third Party”) engaged for facilitating service requirements of user.
- Please get in touch with us at the above email address in case you would like to object to any purpose of data processing. However, please note that if you object or withdraw consent to process data as above, we may discontinue providing you with services through our site.
- In relation to such disclosures, receiving parties have consented and confirmed that:
- a. There shall be limited disclosure of any Information to its Directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives who have a need to know such Information in connection with the business transaction and are only permitted to use your Information in connection with the said purpose,
- b.They shall keep the Information confidential and secure by using a reasonable degree of care, and
- Please keep in mind that whenever a user post personal & business information online, the same becomes accessible to the public and the users may receive messages/emails from visitors of the site.
REASONABLE PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We employ commercially reasonable and industry-standard security measures to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure proper use of information we receive.
These security measures are both electronic as well as physical but at the same time no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We strive to protect the User Information, although we cannot ensure the security of Information furnished/transmitted by the users to us.
We recommend you not to disclose password of your email address, online bank transaction and other important credentials to our employees / agents / affiliates/ personnel, as we do not ask for the same.
We recommend that registered users not to share their site’s account password and to sign out of their account when they have completed their work. This is to ensure that others cannot access Information of the users and correspondence, if the user shares the computer with someone else or is using a computer in a public place We recommend you not to disclose password of your email address, online bank transaction and other important credentials to our employees / agents / affiliates/ personnel, as we do not ask for the same
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. Likewise, Mobile Apps use requisite permissions and SDKs. These are used to make Websites & Apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website/ App.
Below are the categories of cookies used on our website along with a description of what they are used for
These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure if you are logged on and to obey regulations that apply to us.
If you are a customer, they help us know who you are so that you can log on and manage your accounts. They also help us keep your details safe and private.
These cookies are used for remembering things like:
- Your user ID on the log on page
- Your region or country
- Your preferred language
These cookies tell us how you and our other customers use our website. We combine all this data together and study it. This helps us to:
- Improve the performance of our services
- Improve the products we sell
DATA COLLECTION RELATING TO CHILDREN
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Site from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access our services at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 18 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 18, we will delete the account and all related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 please contact us at Eshopemail@example.com
User Information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, any of our affiliates, partners or service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AND REVISIONS
Please contact us regarding any questions, clarifications, or grievances. Please email us at Eshopfirstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the applicable laws, the name and details of the Grievance officer are provided below:
Shailendra S Y
Email Address: email@example.com